Giant Roaches spawn at random when looting world objects, such as foot lockers or trash piles. Players may also encounter them at random while roaming.
When provoked, a Giant Roach will continue to attack until it perishes, or kills its target. The Giant Roach will not follow its target indefinitely - it will stop attacking and return to its spawn point once its target is out of its follow range.
As its name implies, the Giant Roach is a large, mutated cockroach. It is a winged, reddish brown insect. It has a flattened and broadly oval body, a pair of long segmented antennae, two large compound eyes, as well as a pair of fore and hind wings.
Giant Roaches do not have an inventory, their carcasses cannot be looted.
In combat, the Giant Roach charges towards its enemies and attacks with bites, doing 3% of damage to health per hit, at a rate of 1 bite per second.
- Giant Roaches are encountered at random or when looting world objects - it is easy to be caught off guard, especially if unprepared
- Giant Roaches have a high rate of attack, and can easily kill its target in a few bites, if the latter's health is low
- Despite their low health, Giant Roaches do not seem to possess any weak points with damage multipliers
- Giant Roaches have low health and movement speed, and cannot fly
- A Giant Roach will cease pursuit of its target once the latter leaves its small roam area
- Giant Roaches may be distracted by wildlife or other mutants, and lose focus on their original target
- The Giant Roach's appearance is loosely based on that of the American cockroach
- The Giant Roach was introduced to the game in Update #62