Patch #27 - 10/28/2015 Edit
Raise/Lower Weapon System Edit
In this patch is a new weapon lowering/raising combat mechanic. By default you can use the "Tab" key to switch between the two (can be rebound to a key of your choosing). With your weapon raised, you will run slower in the game, so lower it when you are not in a combat situation. At any time you can sprint (from lowered or raised weapon position) to sprint at full speed, but need to leave sprint to attack or fire.
Pre-compiled Shader Cache Edit
This patch contains the first iteration of distributing our own pre-compiled shader cache with the game to help reduce stalls while playing. We will continue to improve the cache each update.
Server Rental Edit
- Fixed spelling of "http_password" in the hosting config file, so you can change it for your server
- All rented servers running in whitelisted mode will have the phrase " - Whitelisted Only" appended to their server name
- First-person only mode should work correctly
- wm_TimeScale will now work correctly in the hosting.cfg file
- Removed support for idle time related variables, temporarily
- Fixed issue with some rcon services not starting, so people renting servers couldn't issue commands
- White flickering when joining another game is fixed
- Game will no longer start in fullscreen mode to workaround the mouse scaling issue. You can use Alt+Enter to switch after starting the game if you want to run in fullscreen
- Smoothed out player and AI movement - less jittering now
- Increased available network IDs, so busy servers should run longer
- Fixed server hang caused by a bad output message
- Server browser will no longer display servers that are still starting up and not ready for players to join yet
- More adjustments and improvements to the weapon lowering/raising system
- Adjusted player movement speeds when a weapon is raised - lower weapon to run at full speed
- Using an ironsight is now synchronized over the network
- Added "focus zoom" feature - can be used without a weapon also by holding down the right-mouse button
- Some fixes for head disappearing when scrolling view out
- Adjusted helper positions for firing, so you can't shoot through objects really close to you
- Reduced backpack spawn rates - can easily craft a starting one now
- Camera interpolation changed so it's smoother and has less lag
- Game sounds still continue to play when the game loses focus - keeps looping sounds from being lost
- Spawn in rotation and rotation of weapons visible on the player have been fixed for most weapons
- Player corpses shouldn't float as often and appear in a t-pose as much
All of the four camouflage patterns are now consistent across the various clothing pieces, so you can try to find a complete set, if wanted. The sets are named Woodland, Hunters, Hex, and Desert.
- Axe added - harvests wood a little better than a Hatchet, does more damage to players
- Balaclava added - five color variations
- Wool gloves added - nine color variations
- Gas mask added
- Rope added - used in crafting
- Empty bottle added - used in crafting
- Craftable horseshoe pack added - works as a backpack - default recipe for everyone
- Craftable molotov added - can be thrown and explodes - acts more like a grenade for now, but will be improved over time - default recipe for everyone
- Added seven vegetables that will spawn in food related spots - later you will be able to grow them
- Added four camouflage versions of the puffy jacket
- Added four camouflage versions of the cargo pants
- Added four camouflage versions of the head bandanna
- Pickaxe changed to a primary slot weapon
- Added barbed wire coil - used in basebuilding - default recipe for everyone
Base Building Edit
- Added 2m and 4m barbed wire fence parts
- New cave added
- Two new bunkers added
- Expanded the valley across from Brightmoor that loops around to Woodhaven - Get out and explore the world!
- Can be repaired by hitting them with the Lug Wrench again
- Suspension adjusted to reduce vehicles randomly bouncing
- Any vegetation that moves when touched will now make a sound - sounds are still WIP
- Added ejected shell impact sounds on the ground
- AI will now be attracted to voice chat in game
- Altered crouching movement animations so you can no longer peak through walls
- Improved no weapon/melee jumping animations for sfp
- Realigned the camera correctly during idle animations for vehicles
- Heavy landing animation fixed to remove sliding about of character
- Added head movement to all lowered weapon poses
- Added new lowered weapon stance to all weapons
- Fine tuned raised weapon stance for all weapons, including fists
- Many other changes to stances
- Adjusted bad normal map on plaster walls
- Fixed the white car and some trees so they can be harvested for crafting materials
- Altered color of the default rugged backpack - khaki colored now
- Tactical keybind renamed to Raise/Lower
Patch #27a - 10/30/2015 Edit
Pre-compiled shader cache updated. Added additional checks for synchronizing weapon zoom states. Change to item config files to hopefully help with server stability.
- Added Tactical Shotgun - does same damage as normal shotgun, but slightly better behavior and weighs less.
- The new camo clothing will now spawn.
- Fixed bandana cap turning bright red at distance.
- Removed old first-persons meshes for items that are no longer needed - SFP mode uses all third-person.
- Adjusted the sprint to raised blending for the default shotgun.